I love the idea of startups:
- most of the philosophy: move fast, fail fast, learn fast.
- the people who want to change the world, or change the status quo.
- and I love the underdogs, perhaps that’s a french thing.
I hate the implementation of startups:
- the arrogance, monoculture and exclusion
- the young people toiling and hurting their health, life and loved ones
- the belief that everything has to raise funds
I know the arrogance is somehow necessary: if you don’t believe hard, you wouldn’t try. Luckily the market cures that for you: people either become more humble, or bitter. And rarely the arrogant kind who had luck in the first place and thinks it’s his talent.